Pages

Saturday 11 April 2009

A Gift for Children and Grandchildren at Easter


I don't know about you, but I am expecting the arrival of my tribe very soon for the Easter holiday. So, I have been busy thinking up ways to keep the littleys amused and happy. When I was small I loved Join the Dots, so here is a stitched version for your young visitors. The little project is based upon the ditzy motifs on page 61 of The Goodhart Samplers. Simply print the A5 picture on to card. Then make holes where the orange dots are with a bodkin, going from the front to the reverse. (You can do this, or older children can do it for themselves.) Next thread up a needle with coloured thread or wool and show how they can use either back stitch or running stitch to to join up the dots to make an Easter Parade of chicks from the 1650s.

My best wishes to you and yours for a peaceful Easter Holiday.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute!! The schools here used to do something similar with a picture with holes on cardboard and long shoe laces were used for "stitching."

    Happy Easter to you!!!

    ReplyDelete