Pages

Sunday 21 November 2010

Free Jigsaw Download

Back in the day, before I could read street signs, my explorations about my neighbourhood were seemingly flat and one-dimensional. I recognised trails (and the way back!) by the style and the colour of garden gates I passed, the shape of garden hedges, patterned curtains in windows and so on. While I could get from A to B and from A to C, the relationship between B & C necessarily remained a mystery to me. It was not until my sailor father taught me to navigate by mill chimneys that my world became round. Once a year we used to travel by car to Dorset for holidays with my aunt and every year there would be the tussle about who would read the AA directions on the way. This was not a map per se, but a ring-bound, journalist's pad which marked every significant sight between Bradford and Dorchester in a linear way - not very different from the maps produced nearly 300 years before by John Ogilby. I love old maps, and this set of maps I have is my heart's delight. Here you can track from York to my home town of Bradford via Leeds passing the turnoffs to Pontefract and Ackworth School en route (though the school had yet to be built). But notice the Quakers Sepulchre at Gilderson at stage 29. I hope you enjoy this free jigsaw. However, sadly, this is not going to work for Mac users. Instructions: Click here next Click Open, then click the .EXE file name and click Run, when you see the jigsaw puzzle, click Play Too many pieces? Try clicking on Trays on the top tool bar to create any number of resizeable trays to sort your pieces ........ you can also click the Cheat button and watch the puzzle solve itself! The software is by David Gray designer of Jigsaws Galore - the powerful jigsaw player and creator for Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment