Pages

Monday 28 November 2011

Lupe's Finished Mary Wigham Sampler

Ta-Da! Another brilliant finish - this time from Lupe in Northern California. Now you know where that Thanksgiving Squirrel came from. Lupe says that she stitched her Mary Wigham on 40 count linen over two threads using Autumn Arbor from Glorianna. Lupe put in her three toy poodles and her beloved cat Lucky who was lost to kidney disease on April 18th. He used to love to stitch with her. Lupe adds that she enjoyed stitching this sampler very much - and I have to say, my joy at admiring it is probably even greater. Congratulations on your masterpiece, Lupe. What a special and touching way to remember your dear friend, Lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning finish. Congratulations, Lupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your gorgeous finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Congratulations on your finish Lupe. That reminds me to get back to my own Mary Wigham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratiolations with this great finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, yours is beautiful. I've considered stitching MW a few times, but now that I've seen your finish, my mind is made up. Could you let us know how many skeins of floss you used for it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete