Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Dawn Lewis * Needlework Antiques * Samplers For Sale


I first met Dawn Lewis in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge some years ago. She had brought a group of sampler lovers over to the UK from the USA and they were having a tour of the sampler collection. She is a very calm and collected person, quietly spoken. A gentle-woman. It was a pleasure to meet her.

Dawn has a delightful collection of samplers for sale at her web-site Needlework Antiques and it is really a treat to go and look at her new offerings - this Spanish sampler with the giraffe above is fabulous!

And of course I love seeing Quaker samplers - I think this one may be from Ackworth School. Did you notice all the Quaker motifs on the top sampler, too?
And this sampler was worked by a girl called E Bird - need I say more? To see all Dawn's stunning samplers just click here.

1 comment:

  1. Exceptional looking pieces there. I work at Loveday Antiques & Furniture and we've noticed the interest in needle print spiking over the last few years. Keep hold of the pieces that you have and I'm sure they will do nothing but appreciate in value over time.

    ReplyDelete